These are the questions I ask a client to help guide our working engagement. It helps understand the clients needs and scope out a solution. I pick and choose the relevant items to the engagement at hand.
- Describe your company and the products or services your business provides
- When does the project need to be finished? What is driving that?
- Who are the main contacts for this project and what are their roles?
- What are the objectives for this project? (e.g. increase traffic, improve conversion rate, reduce time searching for information)
- How will we know if this project has been a success? (e.g. 20% increase in sales, 20% increase in traffic)
- If this project fails, what is most likely to have derailed us?
- How do you intend to measure this?
- What is your monthly traffic/conversions/revenues?
- How have you calculated the value of this project internally?
- What budget have you set for this project?
- Who are your closest competitors?
If you have feedback, get in touch – I’d love to hear it.