This page contains the things I’m working on or thinking about for this website.
- Updated now page (30th July, 2020)
- Updated about page (30th July, 2020)
- Added Cloudflare to provide DDoS protection (11th July, 2020)
- Added “linked preferences” to the footer of pages (11th July, 2020)
- Converted “linked references” to a plugin (11th July, 2020)
- Add tags to posts (27th June, 2020)
- Switch to Fathom Analytics (25th June, 2020)
- Add “linked references” to the footer of posts (25th June, 2020)
<pre>blocks (22nd June, 2020)
- Add modified dates to posts and pages (21st June, 2020)
- Add anchor tags to headings (21st June, 2020)
- Add an index page that lists all posts
- Mobile responsive improvements (mostly the site header)
- Fix newsletter page styling
- Add dark mode
- Improve tag archive pages
- Create supports page
What I’m thinking about
I have become increasingly interested in making my private notes public. The term digital garden has been coined to describe this idea.
I like Chris Biscardi’s definition:
A Digital Garden is lowercase b blogging. It’s writing without worrying about what people will think. It’s writing in small, unfinished pieces and building them up to larger more edited pieces, in public. This is in contrast to big B blogging, which can be thought of as writing a 6k+ word thinkpiece or the authoritative work on topic X without shipping any smaller pieces.
I’m publishing smaller articles and then cross-linking them. I’m publishing stuff I wouldn’t normally consider publishable.
This page was inspired by Dave Redfern. If you have own site, you should make one too.